The Clinical Curriculum mission is to improve access to the highest quality vision care for the general public by providing quality, comprehensive, understandable behavioral optometric vision care education.
The OEP Clinical Curriculum is comprised of 4 "core" courses which run throughout the year and around the world:
- The Art & Science of Optometric Care-- A Behavioral Perspective
- VT/ Visual Dysfunctions
- VT/ Learning Related Visual Problems
- Strabismus & Amblyopia
See the current CLINICAL CURRICULUM COURSE CALENDAR.
You can read about each of these courses on our Course Descriptions Page. With the exception of the Art & Science course, which is only open to Optometrists (or the international equivalents), these courses are also open to Vision Therapists.
The OEP Clinical Curriculum is offered at a few static sites throughout the US--
- Baltimore, Maryland at the National Education Center at the OEP Offices
- Ft. Lauderdale, Florida on the campus of NOVA Southeastern University College of Optometry
- Phoenix, Arizona at the office of Dr. Rob Lewis & How
- Grand Rapids, Michigan at the office of Dr. Lynnette Burgess
- Memphis, Tennessee on the campus of Southern College of Optometry
- Pomona, California on the campus of Western University of Health Sciences College of Optometry
The OEP Clinical Curriculum is also presented each year in Australia in coordination with the Australasian College of Behavioural Optometrists (ACBO).
In addition, we coordinate with individual practices and other organizations in the US and around the world to bring these courses to other areas. Recently, additional locations scheduled included Greece, Canada, Norway, Denmark, Germany, Switzerland, and Mexico.
The OEP Clinical Curriculum instructors include:
- John Abbondanza (Massachusetts, US)
- Virginia Donati (Toronto, Canada)
- Meredith Graham (Gold Coast, Australia)
- Paul Graham (Gold Coast, Australia)
- Paul Harris (Tennessee, US)
- Geoff Heddle (Michigan, US)
- Robert Hohendorf (Michigan, US)
- Robin Lewis (Arizona, US)
The OEP Clinical Curriculum Courses are listed on the OEP Calendar on this website. These listings include a course-specific registration form as well as detailed information for that course such as lodging information, special lodging rate codes, course address, etc. These courses fill well in advance and are space-limited so as to optimize the experience and learning of those attending. It is in your best interest to plan ahead when registering.
OEP Clinical Associates, as part of their OEP enrollment benefits, receive discounted registration rates on all OEP Clinical Curriculum Courses.
If you are still wondering if these courses are "right for you" we invite you to read our Reasons to Consider Taking a Clinical Curriculum Course page. If you'd like, we can also get you in touch with fellow colleagues who have taken the courses so they can share their experiences and thoughts with you.
For more information about our courses, we invite you to browse the information pages here on the website or you can contact our education office and staff directly:
|2018 Schedule Flier.pdf||1.04 MB|