Optometric Extension Program releases “Optometric Extension Program – Aims and Objectives”
1) To bring about a better understanding and create harmony among those engaged in the optical industry.
2) To bring to the attention of optometrists, the importance of their profession, and thereby to encourage them to use greater care in their refraction work, and in the prescribing of lenses and material.
3) To educate the public to place greater confidence in those engaged in the optometric profession.
4) To educate the public of the importance of the care of the eyes.
5) To bring to optometrists the latest techniques, and methods of modern refraction.
6) To make optometry a successful profession.