Jordan Left/Right Reversals Test – 3
By Brian T. Jordan, PhD
Features of the new Jordan-3:
* Expanded national norms for ages 5-0 through 18-11
* Five subtests: two new ones and three retained from the previous edition
* Recognition tasks only; students mark the reversals presented on a page
* Administration for individuals or small groups
* Separate norms for boys and girls
* Checklists to help parents and teachers identify and correct reversal problems
The Jordan Left-Right Reversal Test-3rd Edition (2011) helps clinicians identify students who have difficulty with reversals, and what types of reversals are problematic: objects, letters, numbers, words, or letter sequences. Reversals are a major stumbling block for students learning to read. The JLRRT-3 now has two parts (children ages 5-8 take only Part 1) consisting of five subtests, in developmental sequence. The first and last subtests are new. A Remedial Checklist provides suggested remediation activities.
* Subtest 1-A (new) presents line drawings; the student indicates which are reversed.
* Subtest 1-B presents letters and numbers; the student identifies reversals.
* Subtest 2-A presents words; the student indicates which letters are reversed.
* Subtest 2-B shows 20 sentences; the student indicates reversed words (“saw” vs. “was”).
* Subtest 2-C (new) presents two columns of letter sequences; the student compares them and identifies which letters in the second column are out of sequence.
ADMINISTRATION AND SCORING
The Jordan-3 is designed to be used by:
Educators, psychologists, optometrists, occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, rehabilitation specialists, and other clinicians who are interested in, and who have been trained to interpret, standardized tests.
The Jordan-3 can be administered to individuals or small groups. Two scores are derived: Correct Responses (reversals correctly identified) and Errors (nonreversed items that were incorrectly identified as reversals, plus reversals that were not identified). Both scores are converted to percentile ranks and interpreted using cutoff scores based on frequencies in the normative sample; age equivalents are also provided.
Test Kit (includes: Manual, 25 Record Forms, 25 Remedial Checklists, 25 Laterality Checklists, all in a vinyl portfolio)
4 in stock (can be backordered)