Everything you wanted to know about Journals: do’s and pitfalls- L. Holland
February 22 @ 8:00 pm - 10:00 pmFree – $35
Title: Journal publication: best practices, avoiding pitfalls and protecting yourself and your research
Description: Publishing in journals today comes with new challenges to navigate, such as predatory publishers, NIH regulations, research and data management, and Open Access publishing. This session will provide a practical knowledge of how to recognize a predatory journal, low-quality journal, and the problems associated with these journals.
- Protecting your intellectual property
- New NIH regulations affecting publication of funded research
- Open Access and what it actually is
- Predatory journals and their affect on scientific evidence
- Research management
- The AVSL Vetted Journal List and other tools
Leslie Holland has been the Manager of Library Services at the Southern College of Optometry for 10 years and is a member of the Association of Vision Science Librarians and the Medical Library Association.